Wednesday, September 2, 2009
How funny are these napkins? They're great! These should be back in stock July 16. $5.95 at Spoon Sisters
These food launchers are every kid (and kid at hearts) dream. I think I would be kicking myself later but they look like so much fun! $8.95 at Heliotrope
Have a little fun while you do the dishes with this cool bubble scrubber. $4.99 at Poopsies
Washing dishes would definitely be a lot more fun with these Designer Dish Gloves. Protects hands while giving you a little bling bling. $35 at Spoon Sisters.
Designer Dominic Skinner from the U.K. designed this genius ceramic mug which allows you to stash cookies and keep them warm for dunking. It's also available with right- or left-handed versions in a variety of colors. Approx. $27 at Mocha Home.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Do you like personalized hand towels... yummy drinks from Starbucks? How about awesome smelling stuff from Bath and Body works? If so.. don't wait, hesistate or you'll be to late.. (I made that up myself.. just now.. I know you are impressed!), head over here.. MelanieShea and enter! Hope you'll win.. or me.. I hope I win! LOL!
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Brandon and I...
Wow, I can't believe this is my 100th Blog post.. it has went fast, it doesn't seem like I started this 2 long years ago! So, to celebrate I would like to give away a gift. How about a $10 Starbucks gift card? I know its not alot but you can get something yummy just the same! So, if you'd like to enter just leave a comment and I will pick someone next Tuesday.. and will get it in the mail by that weekend. I am having surgery on Friday and need to give myself some time to recover! LOL!
Also, I wanted to talk about my son Brandon, you see he turned 16 last month. I can't believe that he is 16 and now has a learner's permit. Talk about scary! LOL!
The first time we laid our eyes on Brandon.. the nurses were so excited to have a red headed baby in the nursery!
Brandon and Savannah on her 3rd B-day. New bike
Dinner out at Olive Garden
I love you so much Brandon! You are a great kid! I am so happy that you are my son. You are funny, you like to hang with me and joke around, even tho you are a "cool 16 year old now"... or is that because you want me to take you driving? LOL
Reese Peanut butter cake, Brandon's favorite!
Friday, June 5, 2009
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
These were taken a few weeks ago... everything has grown so much already!
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Scrutiny by the Masses is doing a great giveaway! It is for free case of the new V8 V-Fusion® 100% juice varieties and an embroidered V8 V-Fusion® L.L. Bean tote and boat bag, a retail value of: $75.00.Please check it out!
Monday, January 5, 2009
Its that time again.. Its Menu Plan Monday, make sure you go over to Laura's Blog and check out everyone's menu plans, I always find great ideas.
Monday: Potato Cheese Soup with Corn Bread
I used Jiffy Cornbread Mix, my mommy always used to make it.. LOL. Or if you are feeling really productive you can hope on over to Pioneer Woman's site and make her cornbread.
Potato Cheese Soup
2 large russet potatoes
2 tablespoons finely minced celery (about 1/2 stalk)
1 tablespoon finely minced onion
1 tablespoon grated carrot
2 cups chicken stock or broth
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup + 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese
Peel the potatoes and chop them into bite sized pieces (about 4 cups). Make sure the celery and onion are minced into very small pieces and should be about the size of a grain of rice. The carrot should be grated into very small pieces, not shredded.
Combine the vegetables with the chicken stock, salt, and vinegar in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring the stock to a boil then turn down the heat, cover the pan, and simmer for 20 minutes.
Whisk together flour and milk in a separate bowl.
Remove the saucepan of vegetables from the heat and add the flour and milk mixture. Put the pan back on the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until the soup is thickened.
Add 1 cup of cheddar cheese to the soup and simmer until melted. The potatoes should be very tender and falling apart, if not continue cooking until the soup is as thick as you like it.
I never do this, but the recipe suggests adding Monterrey jack cheese, cooked crumbled bacon, and green onion, so if you want to feel free! **I don't remember who I got this reciepe from so if it yours please holler and I will give proper credit. Like I said, I read alot of blogs and get great recipes so I get lots of them from you wonderful ladies!!
Tuesday: Mexican Beef Tips over Rice
Wednesday: Paula Deen's Meatloaf with mashed potatos.Thursday: Meatless Brown Rice and Lentil Casserole with Sour Cream and Tortilla Chips
Friday: Chicken Enchiladas with Spanish Rice.
Saturday: Pot Roast with Sweet Potatos and Rolls.
I hope that you can enjoy some of these recipes. The Meatless Brown Rice and Lentil Casserole is very good even tho it doesn't seem like it will be.. but using Tortilla Chips my daughter devoured it, it was yummy!! And questions please feel free to ask and have fun cooking for and with your family this week!!
Friday, January 2, 2009
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Took a spin class at the YMCA.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn't make any.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My hubby's cousin had a boy boy after trying for 4 years!
4. Did anyone close to you die? No
5. What countries did you visit? None.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? A thinner body!
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Um.. nothing really stands out. It was a pretty uneventful year.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Losing 24 lbs!
9. What was your biggest failure? I don't think I had any "failures" but I am hoping to be more organzied and get things done in a timely manner and to get some bills paid.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Not really an illness but I had recurrent gastic issues which required an endoscopy.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My laptop!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Me!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? No one really.
14. Where did most of your money go? Rent and car payment.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Sad to say, but buying my laptop.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?Don't stop the Music, its my number 1 Y song when working out, that and Dance Floor Anthem. 17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? Sadder - lots looming on the horizon. b) thinner or fatter? Thinner! ..c) richer or poorer? Poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Homeschool! Haha!
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Sitting on the computer.
20. How did you spend Christmas? At home, the best place!
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? No.
22. What was your favorite TV program?ER.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don't hate anyone, I extremely dislike some people tho..
24. What was the best book you read? The best? I last read oh gosh.. Now I can't remember.. it was the 5th Janet Evanovich book. I always enjoy her books.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Rhianna, sad huh? Hey she is alright.
26. What did you want and get? My laptop!
27. What did you want and not get? A new washer and dryer set. :(
28. What was your favorite film of this year? I don't have one.. the last movie I saw was High School Musical 2 and I defenitly wouldn't put it as my fav.. hahah.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 41 in 2008, and I cannot remember what I did.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? More money.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Jeans and t shirts..
32. What kept you sane? kickboxing.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? No one.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?The Presidential Election.
35. Who did you miss? No one, I have all my family here.. lucky huh?
36. Who was the best new person you met? Heather, she was my Y Change counselor at the Y and really got me started on exercising.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. That I can really lose weight if I exercise hard.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Drawing a blank!