Thursday, July 17, 2008

It's Vintage Things Thursday!









I thought it would be fun to participate in Vintage Things Thursdays that is hosted at Confessions of an Apron Queen. It is so fun to look and see what everyone has, I love vintage things. Be sure to stop by and see what everyone else is posting. Okay, here is my vintage item:



My mom always had this little figurine of a red haired girl in her bedroom. Whe she died, this was one of things I took that belonged to her. I think my mom liked it because her three daughters were redheads.

She has a crack right in the middle where she has been broken and glued. I love her! Maybe one day I can pass it onto my little red haired girl...

7 comments:

apronstringsandothertiesthatbind said...

Sweet. Your post made me teary-eyed. I love your little red-haired girl...

Kristine said...

I'm still laughing at your blog title!!! ROFL!!! what a hoot!!!

Your little figurine is cute too!!

Kristine

Elizabeth said...

Great blog name, and welcome to VTT! I love vintage family items!

Threeundertwo said...

Beautiful blog, hilarious title!

I love the figurine, is it Lefton?

Also, I'm curious, are you on laughingplace.com? They're reading To Kill a Mockingbird right now, and I see your Disneyworld blinky. If not, you might love it there. Check it out!

Carrie said...

This is such a sweet doll, and a wonderful heirloom for your family.

Jennifer said...

apronstringsandothertiesthatbind and Carrie:
Thank you!

Kristine: Glad you like it and thanks!

Elizabeth: Thanks for the welcome, glad you like my blog name, its different! LOL

threeundertwo: Thanks! No, the figurine isn't labeled at all. I have not heard of laughingplace.com but will check it out!

The Apron Queen said...

What a wonderful family heirloom. And I about died laughing when I saw your blog name. Thanks for the laugh. I needed that. :)

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen