Sunday, May 25, 2008

Makin chili!



I decided to make chili for dinner tonight.. its cheap and easy, and you can feed a bunch on it!! Hmm.. that sounds.. wierd.. ... anyway....
I started by choppin up my green pepper.












I added that in a big pot along with 1.5 pounds of lean ground beef and a big chopped up onion.















I peeled some garlic, don't forget to add it to your compost bowl? Now, everyone should have a compost bowl. Our garden is growing so incredibly nice, and I believe its from all the rich soil for our compost pile.






Mince your garlic right into the pot.. yum!!!















Add in your tomato sauce....














Diced tomatoes...












Kidney beans...













Chili pepper.. whooo hoooo!! We are cookin now!
















Cayenne... okay.. NOW we are cooking!!!!!









Give it a big ole stir honey!!!!!!!













Let it simmer on low for 2 hours and you'll have yourself a fine pot o' chili!! Add any toppings you like, we enjoy cheddar cheese, sour cream and onions, hubby likes jalapenos.. and I love sour cream!!! Enjoy!!!!!!

No comments: